The Buzz about 'Buzz'

Feb 16, 2010 Leave a Comment

As they say, Its better late than Never!

Google had caught up with the status update concept of-late, when  Face book and Twitter has already acquired the  market share 40% and 48% respectively. It seems that google never considered the idea to be potential enough unless they found the great success of Twitter.
In spite of it's late release I have been hearing some great reviews from the users about buzz.

As far as I am concerned the Idea of One-Id-For-All is a great concept, and there still would be people interested in it, thinking about the convenience of remembering 3-10 passwords for emails and social networking sites all togethe.

There are a few  good things that I found with the Buzz....


1. One is that You dont have a 140 Character constrain:
I tweet a lot but didn't actually liked the way twitter refrained me to enter more than 140 characters in a single message...But Buzz in cool, you can can enter how much you want without shortening and screwing my message

2- You can integrate sites like twitter, picassa etc using Buzz, So that whenever I tweet , it is listed in the Buzz too, my every update in the sites linked to it is shown to my followers..

3- My blogspots: The feeds from my blog is pulled into buzz , now this is something similar to the previous point, but I wanted to give this emphasis, because I found this a very helpful tool to market my blog, each time I post something new, It's shown to my followers *Un-tampered*  and I have found my hits on the blog Increasing after the buzz-Blogger integration.


4- It's easy:  Another best thing about Buzz is that It's simple: Some of my friends still don't tweet because they cannot understand 'How To use Twitter' [Next time you I will get you a link for twitter for Dummies , I promise :P] but Buzz is simply 'Simple' that My grandma can go Buzzing !!!

5- Following friends: You can follow anyone in your contacts who has a buzz, that's cool!!! See the benefit of  One-id-For-All !!


One thing I would like to see is in Buzz is; A two way data transfer to twitter [A Twitter API]- so that I can sit back in the office, and tweet through the Buzz;
This way I dont get my ass whipped by My Manager or Network guy :p!

[P.S: If my Manager is reading this post :Please excuse my french, I didnt mean you, I just meant -generally!!!]

4 comments »

  • Agnivo said:  

    good that u pointed out the advantages.but also u will agree that it is really confusing!updates from other websites appear really late! and also you can get comments from someone u might not even know!

  • Jayan said:  

    well my take on buzz is, it is not better than Twitter or Facebook. Twitter you can manage public message and personal on facebook . Buzz is more like searching for answer. Buzz is all about learning and making inquiry to get an answer. Lets wait and see

  • Ayreej Rahman said:  

    Thank you for the comments guys

    @Aagan : You're right there are a couple of drawbacks with Buzz that includes the delay of the feeds from other linked sites....

    @Jayan : The first thing you have have to keep in mind is that , The Buzz is in it's evolution stage, this is just their first release , they still have people working on the enhancements. Now this is what twitter was http://im.ly/074dc/ in September 15 2005. They have come a long way, So will buzz [Hopefully] ;)

  • Kiran said:  

    Really helpful information buddy...Thanks a lot