The guest called Death

Feb 22, 2010 Leave a Comment

For what is it to die but to stand naked
in the wind and to melt into the sun?

And what is to cease breathing, but to
free the breath from its restless tides...
- Khalil Gibran

Last Sunday [Day before] I happened to see an accident .The first hand experience of this incident sent a chill down my spine, and left me totally  disturbed with  the fact how helpless we are .

All I could do was watch a man die and and do nothing about it, Things like this are hard to forget, the Man gasping for his last breaths, and the pain in his eyes , and the pool of Gore on the road , and some bloody foot prints left behind by someone...
Death at that time was just 5 foots away from me.
Your worst nightmares could be more pleasing than this.

A few Minutes later the place was filled with Cops and onlookers taking snaps in their mobile phones as if it was some sort of tourist spot.
I went home with a bag of Mixed emotion Grief, Helplessness, Fear, and above all - The realization of  'How mortal we all are!'
and questions like 
Would the man have thought that this was this last goodbye, when he left home that morning?
Where was he going?
Wouldn't his family be waiting for him?
Would his daughter see her father again...

I don't know anything about him, except a broken license plate. Yet I felt like I just had lost someone I know.

Death is a guest who comes and always gifts it's host with a loss when he leaves ,a loss  that can never be compensated. At that point we all realize how beautiful our lives are and How lucky we are just to stay alive, and to have just another day here with the ones you love...The real Paradise!

---
[This is a tribute  to Who ever he was : Let his Soul R.I.P]

7 comments »

  • Saurav Sharma said:  

    Never thought experiences like this could be a part of some1's blog. Truly touching n simple elucidation. It was like pure emotions packed in an UN-loud manner...stoking u to ponder for a while...a haunting yet serene sense of life's worth dawned upon me while reading it. Ayreej's innocent sensitivity yet again, wins over my applaud. GUNG HO... AYREEJ!!!

    Saurav Sharma

  • Vinita Apte said:  

    OMG...must be horrific. The whole picture was alive in front of my eyes.

    We are mortals but we forget that too soon. Thought provoking post.

  • vishnuvijay said:  

    Ayree.... First of all I am impressed with the way you have presented death.

    Unexpected death is horrible & that is unavoidable.

    But people who suffer from PAIN and say CANCER or AIDS often hope about death as their Savior.

    Your POST is a part of the daily truth & this might happen everyday in some part of the world.

  • Ayreej Rahman said:  

    Thank you for the feedback Guys I really appreciate it!