,

Solitude

Jan 28, 2011 Leave a Comment

When I look into the mirror,
My loss stares right through me…
The emptiness has a colour and it's dark,
Your voice cuts through me when you say Good bye.
For years I have known you,
and yet I haven’t known you at all,
This is where our dreams part,
Where I let you go,
I wouldn’t frown,
I wouldn’t whine…
I wouldn't shed a tear for something that was never mine
and I return to what was my ever mine...
My solitude, My true friend!!!
----
Ayreej Rahman| Pune,2011

When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and You shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.~Kahlil Gibran

10 comments »

  • Anonymous said:  

    Ayree! really good one! full of pain... mmmuah :)

  • Ayreej Rahman said:  

    Hehehe Thanks Kasi,
    Guess pain stirs up my creativity!!! :)

  • It's me. Ree! said:  

    Another aspect of dealing with too much of pain. sometimes we become aggressive, filled with hatred...sometimes we become too depressed, demotivated and feel that we are the most unlucky souls living on earth...and sometimes we do not divulge into either of the extreme emotions and try to see, feel and accept the pain with much maturity like expressed here. Very well written...Especially liked the last line:

    ....and I return to what was my ever mine...My solitude....

  • Ayreej Rahman said:  

    Thank you Reeshita...
    Appreciate it :)